Friday, April 28, 2017

7!

Yesterday, our sweetest boy turned 7.  He had a great day--AlteLu and I brought popsicles to his class, where AlteLu proudly helped give them out.  AlteLu and I also took a trip to Costco (which is attached to the mall).  Both kids needed new underoos, and let me tell you, AlteLu loved shopping at the mall! Then we had a mellow afternoon, where AlteLu and I baked the cakes that will become Hersh's volcano cake for his party this weekend.  Hersh alternated between reading Calvin and Hobbes, practicing piano, and taking birthday calls from his adoring fans.  The kids also got into some beading, which is always a good time.  AlteLu made a necklace for Hersh, then made wrapping paper, and wrapped the gift. We had Hersh's favorite dinner--tortellini, broc, garlic bread, veggie meatballs, and tutim.  The evening was finished up with some homemade ice cream cake, cards, and presents.  Hersh was gracious and truly enjoyed every moment.  He let his sister unwrap the gifts for him, and she was the most gracious birthday sister one could hope for.  It was a wonderful day with our boy.  He is a true mensch, who we love more and more each day.  Here's to what being 7 brings!

During his call with Aunt Mimi, she asked him what his 7 wishes are for the coming year:):
1. That my molars will grow 
2. To go to the Amazon rainforest 
3. That I get to "The Prisoner of Azkaban" [the last Harry Potter book].
4. That I get to read "The Boy Who Crashed to Earth"
5. I hope I get my orange belt. (Also: hersh takes karate??)
6. I want to learn more about this desert where it's really hot in the summer and really cold in the winter. How long can a person stand outside in the winter there?
7. I hope to go on a camping trip! With the people I usually go camping with plus AlteLu. 






















No comments:

Post a Comment