Sunday, April 9, 2017

37

Yesterday I turned 37.  Needless to say, being in my late 30's is bizarre.  I am almost officially middle aged, and have the wrinkles on my forehead that show it.  At the same time, I still feel so young and almost can't believe how quickly time is passing.
Jacob and the kids planned me the perfect birthday.  We went to dinner with the kids at a Mexican place in DC.  Hersh commented how fancy it was--I let him know, "it's not fancy, it's just not Silver Spring."  Then we went for ice cream and I got to blow out my candle and make a wish.  When I asked the kids to guess what I had wished for, Hersh said, "for us to be more manageable."  I was shocked, asked him where he got this idea, and then shared that what I wish for is peace--for our family, our friends, and for the world. And to be honest, it would be impossible to have more manageable children:)  Jacob and Hersh also learned to play Phish's, "Waste," as a birthday gift:)
Yesterday we hiked at Patapsco, I had a massage, and then Jacob and I had date night.  So many friends and family shared birthday wishes, sent gifts, flowers, etc.  I feel so loved and am so grateful.  I am a little freaked out about getting older, but as long as I can stay focused on gratitude and age gracefully, I'll be all set.
On a side note, the kids rocked the hike.  AlteLu literally chitchatted to Jacob,"her special boy," the entire way.  Hersh worked so hard he said his head was going to explode--I told him this was good for him.



















No comments:

Post a Comment