Sunday, February 16, 2014

Bowling on Shabbos!

This weekend Aunt Mimi and Daniel came to visit--what a treat!  They were here in time for a lovely Shabbat dinner.  Then Saturday morning, they took Hersh out for an adventure while we went with AlteLu on her very first IKEA outing--it was a success!  We are in the process of organizing/purging, a process that IKEA is a key component in (the organizing, not the purging).  Then, in the afternoon we took Hersh bowling for the very first time.  He loved the experience, and it was pretty fun!  Although we didn't know it, the place we went does "duckpin" bowling, with a smaller ball and tiny pins.  This turned out well for Hersh--his ball very, very slowly rolled down the lane, but he was still able to knock down a surprising number of pins.  Alte on the other hand was a bit crunkly from not having a good morning nap.  It has been wonderful having our beloved Aunt Mimi with us.  We hope you enjoyed playing with Hersh and getting lots of smiles from AlteLu, and we can't wait til next time!

Also, the other night as we were putting Hersh to bed,  he said, "Ima, I like being close to you."  It melted my heart.  On a separate occasion Hersh said, "Abba, you can't chew water, can you?"  After Jacob confirmed that you can't, Hersh said, "You know when I call you into my room at night?  It's because I am hungry sometimes and I try to chew my water, but I can't!  So I call 'Abba, Abba, is it time for breakfast?'  And sometimes you say it's still night and go back to sleep, and other times you tell me to read to my friends."  In other words, Hersh has figured out Jacob's new strategy for getting an extra 15 minutes of rest in the morning by telling Hersh to read books to his stuffed animals--busted!


 Bowling:






No comments:

Post a Comment