Sunday, February 9, 2014

1st Food

This past week Jacob was away for work in San Diego.  It was the first time he left since AlteLu was born.  We missed him very much, but were fortunate enough to have my very good friend Meghan with us for the week.  I am so grateful for Meghan's support this past week.  It would have been impossible for her to have been any more helpful.

Having her here and having Jacob be away for the week, caused me to take a moment to step back and consider whom I feel supported by in my life.  Of course, Jacob is my greatest supporter, and I am extremely grateful for the partnership he and I have.  Additionally, having a friend like Meghan (and other friends and family) who support me and my family is something that I am extremely aware of at this time.  At the same time, I am working to accept that at times I am going to feel unsupported by people who maybe I expected to feel supported by.  These feelings are ones that I need to accept, as everyone does the best they can do, and I am sure that the lack of support I feel is unintentional.  It's just a little sad.

The other big news of our week is that we fed Alte food for the first time yesterday.  Sweet Potatoes were the food of choice, which is what we gave Hersh as well the first time he tried food.  She neither seem to like nor dislike the experience.  We will try again today after her nap.  We feel confident that with time she will be a good eater.

Hot chocolate mustache

Love
Mmmm....sweet potatoes



Friends:)

No comments:

Post a Comment