Monday, November 28, 2022

Thanksgiving & Nutcracker!

 We just finished a whirlwind of a week--it involved all things Thanksgiving, family, and Nutcracker.  The week was truly abundant--filled with food, family, friends, parties, and 10 (!) drives to the KC.  Jacob was an amazing "ballet Abba" and AlteLu in her element as a lamb.  I am so happy for her---she is poised, mature, playful, confident and happy.  The Kleins hosted a beautiful Thanksgiving and then on Friday, 23 of  us went to see the Nutcracker.  I sat in between Hersh and Sender for the performance.  Sender's questions and stream of consciousness were amazing--was the Pirate Man good or bad, is the snow real, where are my toy cars, why dont I see the lambs yet???  During intermission Hersh bought candy and steadily fed it to his little brother all through Act II:)  We hosted a grand Nutcracker Shabbat dinner and enjoyed having the Wolf Family with us--Sender and Reuben giggling all the way.  We also went tot he top of the Washington Monument, enjoyed a visit with Savta, had time with Frida, and did so many dishes!    And of course, I missed my mom, but also felt her everywhere--she would've loved that Lu was in the Nutcracker.  We watched the parade, ate cinnamon rolls, and had too much dessert--I miss you, Mom!















































No comments:

Post a Comment