Monday, October 21, 2013

Alte Luna: 2 months

Our sweet AlteLu has been with us for 2 months.  Jacob and I kind of can't believe that we've made it through the first 2 months and all is good!  She is sleeping pretty well (better than Hersh did at this age), and is giving away smiles left and right!  Sometimes I worry that I'm not giving her enough of my undivided attention, but I have to remind myself that it's ok, and I can't compare her experience to Hersh's.  A friend reminded me that Alte was born into a different family than Hersh was, and she will love having a brother (actually, she already does).

Hersh is doing well.  He is creative with lots of ideas and often will tell us how to do things, make things, etc.  The best is when he retells a story or recounts something that happened--hand gestures, wide eyes, lots of expression.  Also, Hersh eats lunch at school 3 days a week.  Each day he expects there to be a note with a drawing from me in the lunch.  He and I discuss what the drawing should be the night before (Hersh: "I think there should be a flute, and a little mouse playing the flute and a drum, and a ..." Me: "Mouse and a flute, OK."  Hersh: "And a drum, and a moon, and ...").  I then draw the picture and write the message, which he then wants for me to read him--no element of surprise necessary.  One day I drew a picture and wrote "Have a ___rific day!" and the word that ended in "rific" corresponded with the picture.  Now he wants me to do that everyday!  Today's picture was a pumpkin and leaves, so I have to write, "Have a pumpkinrific day!"  Finally, lately when Hersh is upset/angry/being defiant, he will say, "No siree Bob!" to me or Jacob in an extremely emphatic tone.  When he says this he is extremely worked up, and we have to do everything we can to keep a straight face--oh Hershel.  What a hoot!

Classic Car Show!





No comments:

Post a Comment