Thursday, July 11, 2013

Hershisms

Here's a guest post from Jacob:

Today Hersh and I were at the grocery store, looking for bug spray (a necessity that we go through quite quickly).  I was having trouble finding it, so I told Hersh, "I can't find the bug spray."

"We should ask someone, Abba," he said.

"Good idea," I replied, and I started to push the cart on to the next aisle.

Suddenly, I heard Hersh say in a loud and clear voice, "Excuse me?"  I turned to my right to find someone wearing a grocery store nametag coming toward us. "Can you tell us where the bug spray is, please?" Hersh asked.

The man looked a bit surprised to hear this question from a three-year-old in a cart, but did answer: "Uhhh...Bug spray?  Aisle fifteen."

"Thank you!  We should go to aisle fifteen, Abba."  I was pretty impressed with how perceptive, assertive, and polite Hersh was.  I would have just wandered aimlessly until I found the bug spray.  Fortunately, my son knows better.

No comments:

Post a Comment