Thursday, March 3, 2011

"You okay?"

This past weekend I had the opportunity to travel to London to visit my very bestest friend, LT!  Laurie just moved to London at the beginning of February and this weekend was her birthday, so a girls weekend was scheduled.  I had never been to London before, and it is a lovely city.  To me, it felt like a combination of New York and Seattle---very big city, with lots of friendly, young, hip people.  There was a definite big city hustle and bustle, especially on the Tube, but people always take a moment to ask, "You okay?" which at first caught me really off guard.  When the first person asked me, "You okay?", I was like, "Yeah, are you okay?" but then I realized that it is the same as saying "How are you?" or "What's going on?"

While I was in London Jacob and Hersh had their first official 'Abba/Hershel Weekend.'  Everything at home went really well and they enjoyed being together.  Jacob did a wonderful job caring for Hersh.  By the time I came home on Tuesday morning, everyone was ready for some Imma love, and I think that Jacob now has a better understanding of what taking care of a baby, a household, and a husband entails.  He told me that the hardest part of the weekend, was the constant cleaning up, both after Hersh and himself.

Yesterday, Hersh and I hosted the VBC, which is our baby playgroup.  It was so much fun to have such sweet babies and parents at out house!  Everyone was here when Hersh woke up from his morning nap and the look on his face was very quizzical, and said something to the effect of, "You all weren't here when I went to sleep, right?"  Everyone had a great time and Hersh was more than happy to share his toys.

Today, Hersh and I are off to schwimmen, where it is picture day.  I think that this means that they will take a photo of him under the water--should be interesting!

In other Hersh related news, he turned 10 months old!  It is so crazy how quickly time is passing and soon, he will be a year old!  We did take his 10 month portrait, as per usual, but it is getting harder and harder to get the shot, as he no longer sits and stares at us, allowing us to take our time getting the shot.  Below you will find a sampling of pictures.

Hope that March is off to a great start for everyone and that spring is in the air!

A few shots of London:






Baby-in-a-Box!
 The 10 month series:













5 comments:

  1. wow - that 10 month series is amazing. My favorite one is the toungue-sticking-out-the-side-of-his -mouth photo. Seems like he's working hard to get those toys! So cute. Happy to get to see you all soon in april!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jordana-There are so many more pictures that could've been part of the 10 month series. I had to be realistic about how many I should post! We are looking forward to seeing you all in April, and I'm sure Hersh will have lots of new things to show you that he has been working hard on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Jacob! I imagine you were pooped by the time Darci got home.
    Love the 10 month pictures. He looks so busy and excited to explore everything.
    Lots of love,
    A

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you and Laurie had a nice ladies weekend. So important to take that time for you and your girls! I can't believe Hersch is 10 mo?! Where does all of the time go?

    Glad to see you three are doing well! Can we please set up a skype date soon?!!
    big hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so jealous I couldn't go to London too!!! We have the same piano. Maybe we can start a band together!

    ReplyDelete