Friday, August 3, 2018

Bamom

On July 29th, our dear, sweet Bamombelle passed away, just shy of her 95th birthday.  She lived a good, long life.  In the end she was tired and ready to move on.  We are grateful for the love and memories.  Hersh and Lu had lots of good Bamom time, and we are grateful that Sender had the chance to meet and visit with her earlier this month.  I will miss her every time we go to Little Rock and am so grateful for the almost 20 years I had her as my grandmother.

These weeks of loss have been really hard.  Jacob has been absent from our life, as he has been needed in Little Rock.  He is mourning and we are all overwhelmed.  Sadness floats around as we think about Sabba, Bamom, and even Aunt Sandy.  Yet we also have these three joyful, energetic, self-centered (in a good way) children who require that we push on each day.  I have allowed myself to stay in bed each morning as opposed to go on my morning walk, as I am just so tired.  By the time school/work starts up again, I need to get back to walking. 

Hoping for a return to normalcy, or at least an establishing of the new normal, with some of who we love gone.


No comments:

Post a Comment