Sunday, March 18, 2018

The Home Stretch

Believe it or not we've arrived in the final countdown to baby--here's looking toward Friday, March 23rd!   It's surreal that come next Shabbat we will be a family of 5.  Everyone seems ready (more or less), and I've taken to telling Hersh about all of the medical details of having and recovering from a c-section. He is quite interested, and it grosses Jacob out (which is kind of funny:)  I also must take a moment to express gratitude to my body that has been so good to me, and so good to our babies--3 times now!  Sure I've experienced nausea, GD, and pelvic pain, but overall I am grateful to my body for being a strong, healthy, competent vessel, that quite easily and miraculously has given us the gift of a child each time we have wanted one.  Many women and families have a tougher road, and I am fully aware how easy it how been for us.  As this will likely be the last time I experience pregnancy and childbirth (I'm almost 38), I wish I could make a physical memory, allowing myself to always feel the baby moving, or what it's like to have a giant belly. I am painfully aware these sensations will leave me with time, and pregnancy will be a thing of the past.  For now, a focus on family, preparation, and gratitude are what carry me.  Each day I am surrounded by the three people I love most, and G-d willing, come Friday, one more little smooshy lover will join us.




















No comments:

Post a Comment