Monday, February 19, 2018

Let's stay home

And now we have arrived at the time where just staying home is what we all need.  After a period of such intensity--both from a travelling and an emotional perspective, what we all need is to be home.  No long car rides, a focus on fewer places we have to be, and preparing our house and our family for the baby that is to come.  We moved Hersh into his new room, and have now made "the baby's room," and all is well.  Hersh continues to thrive at school, sharing with us his probe from STEM night, reading like an animal, reluctantly practicing piano, and being as insightful and loving as ever.  He and Jacob started work on the Pinewood Derby Car, and Hersh has enjoyed watching the Olympics.  He does not like that a girl at school has a crush on him, and continues to take his time on the playground and his time in swim team practice seriously. As long as we keep him well fed, well exercised, and not too tired, he is a gem.  When talking about baby names, he gave a very sensible answer--Tal/Talya--one name use it either way:)  And AlteLu (or Clover as she prefers to be called when pretending to be a cat or a dog, which is quite often these days), is a giggly delight, with a little bit of I dont want to thrown it.  She loves ballet class, cooking with me, and helping Jacob with the dishes.  She often kisses the baby or will rub lotion on my belly.  And although she is just 4.5 today(!), she is beginning to read/decode--completely on her terms of course.  AlteLu is funny and sweet, and only gets mad if you expect her to wear jeans, or if I am not the one to tuck her into bed.   She danced her pants off to the Violent Femmes (while Hersh just shook his head "no.")  And the two of them are thick as thieves.  A snowball fight was enjoyed by all, while at the playground Hersh likes to play basketball, and AlteLu is working on perfecting her swinging.

As I truly am in the final haul of what is likely to be my final pregnancy, I must take time to reflect. Although I've had GD 2 out of 3 times, and am sick many mornings, my pregnancies have all been positive experiences.  We have been fortunate to get pregnant with ease each time, and other then GD and a bit more tiredness each time (I am 37 this go verses 29 when I was pregnant with Hersh), it's been a great ride.  My body works so well, with the only negative being left a bit flabbier than I started.  To grow, nourish, and protect the fetus, and then have in front of me 2 examples of what is to come only amplifies the gratitude for my body during this process. Where so many women struggle, I have been able to thrive, and I dont take this lightly.  I am also appreciative to Jacob for all of the 6am "snacks."  Together, we are building our beautiful little family, which is a true result of labor, love, and partnership.  I only hope when I look back at all of this in 10, 20, 30 years, that I can remember.

























No comments:

Post a Comment