Monday, March 27, 2017

Time with my sugarpies

One of the greatest gifts of being a mother has been the time I get to spend with each of child, both when they are together, but also when I have the opportunity to just be one-on-one.  Whether it's doing something super fun, like dance class, riding the metro, or a bike ride, or just going to Trader Joe's and Costco, I treasure each and every day, each and every moment, each and every nap-time tuck-in.
Earlier this week I had the opportunity to attend Hersh's birthday lunch at JPDS--it was so sweet and I can't believe he will be 7!  And Hersh was so happy to have me there--he sat leaning into me, we chatted, canoodled--it was heavenly!  Hersh is also reading Harry Potter on his own, and he and Jacob finished reading The Hobbit together.
Yesterday, AlteLu and I were in the car on the way to Trader Joe's and she said, "You know I need a husband when I become a grown-up, Ima."  I responded, "Oh yeah?  What kind of husband would you like to have?"  She said, "A boy who is nice, grown-up, and brave.  He should garden and his name should be Abba.  And my Abba should be my husband."  I tried to let her know she may want to choose someone else, since he's already taken, but she would hear none of it.  Love them so!







No comments:

Post a Comment