Sunday, August 30, 2015

The end is always the hardest

I should probably write a blogpost about the new house we just moved into, the neighborhood, etc. But, what I really want to write about is how amazing this summer has been.This summer, I wasnt pregnant, nursing, or with a newborn.  This summer I had endless time with my two little loves.  They are both at great ages, and everyday was a Camp Ima day.  I am so grateful for the summer of 2015, and the fact that being with Hersh and AlteLu day in and day out is my job.  It might sound cliche, but being their mother is the greatest gift of my life.  It is an honor and a privilege  (albeit very exhausting as well).
Now that we are settling into our new house (which is our "house that we can live in forever, since we bought in, not rent it," as Hersh told Lewes), (and thanks a million to Savta for once again supporting us through another crazy transition), we are gettign ready for the start of school.  Hersh will embark on the voyage that is Kindergarten, and AlteLu will begin the 2 day 2's.  I'm not sure if any of the 4 of us are quite ready for the school year to begin, but here we are.  Positive thoughts and lots of strength will be needed as schedules are adjusted to and new beginnings begun.  I hope that both kids are happy and successful in their learning.  I also hope that Hersh doesn't completely crumble as his afternoon nap will be no more.  Tomorrow we have Meet and Greet at Hersh's school, and this morning Alte and I went to visit her classroom.  Jacob will drop her off on her first day, as this might be easier for everyone.  He goes nothing!
PS---I asked Hersh to tell me what he is excited about for Kindergarten.  He told me, "To learn how to read faster, and to learn to speak Hebrew, easily:)"  Also, sometimes Jacob and I can't help but think how cute and totally off the wall AlteLu can be.  Tonight she wouldn't stop bouncing at dinner, and she says things like, "Oh, sorry, sorry, Ima," and all I can think is, what is she sorry for?  AlteLu definitely feels like an equal:)


No comments:

Post a Comment