Thursday, June 28, 2012

Dear Seattle,

Dear Seattle,

I love you.  I love that when you fly into SEATAC you are greeted by giant snow capped mountains, and once you see Mt. Rainier you know you have almost arrived.  I love the weather, even when June really feels like January.  I love the coffee, the fresh, local produce, and how being a vegetarian is a norm.  I love how I feel after a walk around Greenlake, or after spending a summer solstice evening on the Sound.  I love that it's only a 2.5 hour drive to the amazingly beautiful Pacific Coast.  I love that people are friendly and patient.  I love that you are still the city I feel most at home in, and I love that our sweet HBB was born here.  I love that when you drive around mountains are peeking up at you around every turn, and that huge green evergreens loom at each crossing.  I love our Seattle friends, who feel like family.  I love your red, local wine.

Thank you Seattle for reminding me what it feels like to be home, to be stress free, to be in the place I want to be, with the people I want to be with.  I can't wait until our next rendezvous....

Loyally and loving yours,
DAL

No comments:

Post a Comment