Thursday, February 3, 2011

You know you live in Europe when....

...the locker rooms at the swimming pool are co-ed.  That's right, today Hersh and I attended his very first "Baby Schwimmen" class.  Hersh was a bit skeptical of the water at first, but in the end he had a wonderful time and we are really looking forward to next week!  But, the most surprising part of the whole experience was the co-ed locker room.  The locker room was filled with moms, dads, and babies.  Everyone was changing, it was very casual, very European.  At first I was surprised, but then I reminded myself, whatever, these people are European.  So I proceeded to get changed and go about my business.

Our plane ride back to Vienna went very smoothly.  The plane was only about half full, so we had 6 seats to ourselves.  We were able to bring Hersh's carseat on the plane, where he proceeded to sleep for 7 of the 9 hours of the flight!

I apologize that there are no pictures with this post,  but I couldn't take pictures in the locker room, so you will have to take my word for it!

Here is a link to pictures of the pool:

http://www.wien.gv.at/gallery2/m53/run.php?g2_itemId=22751&g2_language=de

1 comment:

  1. Amazing! I love the nuances of being abroad. Looks like a pretty rad pool!

    ReplyDelete